How is Tramadol different from other pain relief drugs?
All pain killers are not the same. A single painkiller cannot be helpful in all circumstances of pain. The type of painkiller to be prescribed varies with the type and severity of the pain. Tramadol stands unique among all other pain killers and this is the most popularly prescribed pain killer. Here are eight reasons how it is different from other pain relief drugs:
- Mode of action: Tramadol is a strong opioid that acts on the central nervous system via M-opioid receptors. It triggers a chain of reactions that increase the production of chemicals such as serotonin and norepinephrine. These chemicals reduce the feeling of pain sensation.
- A wide spectrum of action: Unlike other painkillers that act on either moderate pain or on severe pain, Tramadol can be used to get relief from both moderate and severe pain.
- Forms of availability: Tramadol for sale in various forms such as capsules, chewable tablets, effervescent powder, IV solution, etc. moreover, it is available as immediate release and extended release forms. The extending release form gives long lasting results for pain relief.
- Not favorable for addiction: Tramadol is categorized as a narcotic pain reliever. The regularly prescribed dose of Tramadol provides pain relief with minimal chances of narcotic addiction. However, long-term use poses a risk of physical dependency and addiction that is comparatively lower than other narcotic painkillers such as codeine.
- Feel good pain killer: Constant suffering from pain can lead to anxiety and depression in the individual. Tramadol blocks the uptake of serotonin and norepinephrine by cells. Serotonin is a feel good factor that helps to lift the mood and create a sense of wellbeing. Medically, Tramadol is used to cure mild to moderate signs and symptoms of depression.
- Combination drug: Most of the times, physicians prescribe Tramadol as a stand-alone drug for pain relief. The drug interactions of Tramadol are minimal. Tramadol can be safely combined with other painkillers such as NSAID’s to get maximum benefits. Ultram, Conzip, Ultracet, Ryzolt, Zytram XL, Durella, and Ralivia are the most commonly used and popular trade names of Tramadol or combination of Tramadol and other drugs.
- Easy to use: Oral capsules can be taken with or without having food. Depending on the intensity of pain, the physicians prescribe it for 4-5 times a day. Severe pain that lasts for the entire day and night can be relieved by choosing to buy Tramadol ER. Only one capsule of extended release Tramadol can reduce pain in serious conditions such as fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis, multiple sclerosis, etc.
- Safety: Very few individuals have reported Tramadol side effects and overdose. Clearly, communicate medical history with the physician to avoid such situations. However, cautious use of Tramadol according to the prescription can avoid life-threatening complications. If you notice any discomfort, please report to the physician immediately.
Tramadol is a strong pain killer. However, the pros and cons of the drug in a particular individual and circumstance of pain should be assessed before use.